BPN Home Services - anyone dealt with them?

All true, and even with a LPA how will you prevent the person entering into unwise contracts with scammers, unless they are in secured accommodation or the attorney is in constant attendance?
Perhaps further advice and considering removal of assets into a trust.

Sponsored Links
She had someone come round re putting the house into a trust so if she went into care , the council would have to pay (he said). He . wanted £1750 for this service. I was there and sent him packing. Everyone is out to screw the aged and vulnerable

The reality is that legally unless you can prove to a Court that she is nuts you will not get any power of attorney!

There was a couple who had paid over £70,000 to just one spammer and the police failed to be able to protect them because they thought the spammers were nice people and it was their money they were spending and they had no mental incapacity!

Clearly you know even less about law than some of the other non related stuff you post.
My wife has POA to deal with my daughters legal affairs. My daughter has full command of her faculties

I think sometimes you sit and write things for feel good factor

Good to read this!

Why's that, Sandra? Have you had dealings with BPN? I can't remember if I got the money back. Extended TV warranties seem to be the easiest thing to sell Mum over the phone at the moment, she's bought 5 or 6 that I've found out about and cancelled.

Sponsored Links
Above would appear to be a boiler warranty co, based in London . They've taken £150 from my Mum's bank account . She denies any knowledge but she's 92 and getting scammed L R and centre. We've had no policy documents and don't want to proceed with it anyhow. I phoned within the cooling off period and said if she had taken out a policy we'd cancel it. Numerous phone calls and emails yet no refund or reply and now they don't answer the phone. Wonder if any of you have done any jobs for them and if you got paid ?
I've just checked my bank account and this company gave taken £150 from my account .. I had a combi boiler installed 2montgs ago they offered me cover and service for said boiler to which I declined and said I would sort my own service out but it looks like it fell on deaf ears as the money has been removed from my account .so now starts the long process of trying to get my money back

How did they get your bank account details? Latest trick seems to be companies telling the elderly their loft insulation is inadequate and will be banned within 12 months ( without even doing an inspection) and trying to convince people to have the underside of their roofs spray foamed.

Although this is a 2 year old revived thread (brought to my attention by Endecops thanks (y)), it is a timely reminder to keep an eye out for our vulnerable or aged families.

Re the LPA's: They have been reduced in price. I have now completed the medical ones (very easy) for my IL's - about £120 for one full price and one 50% low income discount. It appears lawyers do not bother with the 50% discount, probably because their extra time outweighs the benefit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back