Service Pack 2 for Windows XP

You are obviously waiting for a bank "mega" sale, you know fiver's for £4.50, buy one get one free etc, I'll let you know when we are going to have one, don't hold your breath though :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Similar to that; there was that guy who sold a pound for a fiver on ebay or some such thing. Thus proving the rule "An absolute gimp and his money are soon parted". ;)

You are obviously waiting for a bank "mega" sale

Yes, it's called a "Student account"... When I started Uni I actually got free money. £50 just for joining. Friends of mine opened accounts with several banks, told the staff they already had student accounts but still got free £35 and £50 off them. One guy I know made £200 this way! :LOL:

Another crafty type I knew took out all the money up to his (interest free) overdraft limit of £1500 and invested it in an ISA. Great!

AdamW said:
Similar to that; there was that guy who sold a pound for a fiver on ebay or some such thing. Thus proving the rule "An absolute gimp and his money are soon parted". ;)

You are obviously waiting for a bank "mega" sale

Yes, it's called a "Student account"... When I started Uni I actually got free money. £50 just for joining. Friends of mine opened accounts with several banks, told the staff they already had student accounts but still got free £35 and £50 off them. One guy I know made £200 this way! :LOL:

Another crafty type I knew took out all the money up to his (interest free) overdraft limit of £1500 and invested it in an ISA. Great!

If you want a reasonable scam, try this

1) open a savings account paying top whack interest.
2) Apply for a certain credit card 0% of course, (possibly inflating your earnings to obtain maximum credit)
3) Do a balance transfer from your credit card into your new account up to your new CC limit.
4) Set up a dd on your new savings account to pay off the minimum on your new credit card each month.

Bingo, money for nothing (and the cheques are free), just don't forget to keep transferring the balance!

Perfectly legal as well.

Sponsored Links
Another boring post, going back to the original post. If, like me, you have one of these new fangled beasties with 64bit workings, DON'T install SP2!

It really DOES screw things up. Works fine on an old machine running XP, but on this new AMD 64bit, whoa!

Seemed to install fine, restarted, got to the click here to select Recommended security settings, and before I could, switched itself off and rebooted.

Again, and again, and again etc etc etc....

The only way out, was to force it into safe mode, eventually, then go to System restore, in Safe Mode as there was no way of getting though to the desktop otherwise, and restore to prior to the SP2 install.

Turns out, eventually was told, that MS haven't released a 64bit version of SP2 yet. I was going with the downloadable 266Mb version and not waiting for the Windows Update option having several XP machines at work to do yet. Not doing half of them either now!

One week on, and no significant problems, I'm mildly impressed. One thing it has done though is screw up my AV software slightly, I shall be investigating when I can be bothered...... bit too much like a busmans holiday for me.

Sponsored Links
Back