Servis M9713 Tripping RCD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Servis trips the rcd every time the programmer is moved manually.
I suspect a faulty programmer, I have looked on various sites & cant find the programmer anyone got a site for me & a rough price of a new selector. Also whats involved in replacing it is it a DIY job.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
If it needs a programmer start looking for a new machine. Servis parts are expensive. They bear no relation to the initial purchase price of the machine and they're a poor machine to begin with.
Go for a decent brand, mid to high end Bosch or Siemens. If price is an absolute issue then go to Tesco and get the Whirlpool for £200.

Sleepyhead:
I have found the timer its £70 (I will need to check part no when I take machine apart). Its more about how fiddly to replace.
If the machine was rusty yes I wouldnt entertain a repair, but its in tip top condition & I dont like parting with my ££.

you say it trips the rcd when turned manualy, what about if you dont turn it?

i often used to see people that thought the prog was at fault, one bloke even took it out and expected me to fix it.

the programmer is bsialy a switch that selects what to do next, but it also waits for information before it does the next thing. so it may be and often is something else

Sponsored Links
Breezer:
You have to turn the selector to set the programme.
What we are having to do is turn machine off, select wash prog, then turn on.

Its been like this for a few weeks now, its so fiddly getting the machine out I havnt bothered.

Its getting to the point where its fix this or a new machine, I am guessing that to call an engineer it will be 1hrs labour + timer (my diagnosis).

If it's tripping the RCD then something is going down to earth when you turn the programmer.
As Breezer rightly states, the programmer isn't normally the faulty component.
If you can lay your hands on a megger it would be worthwhile trying to meter the fault.
It's puzzling that it will go through a wash once you've set it to do so as it turns the timer to progress but doesn't trip your RCD.
Does it only trip at 1 point on the timer or at random points?

BTW. Servis machines are built by Antonio Merloni, brother of the owner of Indesit. Both have similar reputations for quality and reliability. :rolleyes:

Yes wish I had meggar..Only trips when you manual turn the dial.

I'm thinking about a cracked plastic bezel or suround... something that, when you grab the knob and apply torque, bends or splays and allows a wire or metal part to touch the casing.

Have you had a look inside for any loose bits?

JOHND..Not looked in machine yet..cant be bothered to. I suppose when it goes bang or stops working I will.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back