Set Up Mobile Phone As An ARC?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a G2-44+ connected to my phone line at home. When it goes off I've managed to get it calling my mobile and all working.

However, when it does it's periodic check in with the "ARC" it obviously expects a certain message because it keeps giving me ARC Failure.

Anyone know if there is a way to change or fake a typical ARC signal? If not I'll just put up with the error on set/unset.....

Cheers,

Sponsored Links
This may seem like a daft question but is the alarm actually connected to an alarm monitoring service ? Just with you saying it calls your mobile.

Does it display on the keypad Comms Fail or an error message ?

Anyone know if there is a way to change or fake a typical ARC signal?
Some years ago I had to "fake" an ARC in a warden call system. An automatic radio paging system was replacing the manned control room.

The alarm station checking he connection sent a random 3 digit number and from this the ARC computed a reply number. If the station did not get the correct reply to its random number it assumed failure to connect. A similar hand shake occured for alarm calls to verify the call had been processed at the "ARC"

That was high reliability system and a simple alarm system ARC may not have that level of verification.

Turn off ARC notification, you do not need it and have not got the appropriate software to use it anyway.
You have just set the comms up incorrectly.

Got the book of words?
Or tried calling Scotland :D

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies, I'd like to be able to use it to be honest as it is a useful property of the alarm.

At the moment though it does just call me when it goes off.

Have SIA software?
A spare thousand quid? Or can write code for the app?

Not going to happen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back