Setting auto bypass

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The boiler vaillant 428 I believe requires 1200L hr, pump is grundfos 15/60 on setting 3. Auto bypass is I believe a honeywell DU145 cannot find marking but has settings from 1-6. Have just switched on boiler and could feel both sides of the bypass warming up. Bypass was set to .1 but think the calculation it should be nearer .43? Anyway proceeded to adjust undoing screw on front didnt take notice and the cap came off and the indice so now I dont know where I am at! How can this be reset to the correct place for the reading? Have screwed in both directions but dont seem to come across a stop. When screwing clockwise after multiple turns I do feel what is like a spring but nothing more noticeable. Even if this is a stop where does the indice go?

Picture of set up attached
picmonkey_image.jpg
picmonkey_image.jpg

Sponsored Links
I had a faulty ABV (was passing way too much water regardless of setting), and I found it didnt stop regardless of how much I turned it in either direction. This may have been because it was faulty, but when I had a new one installed, I made sure I made minimal adjustments to it, as it seemed to be a very unintuitive and very sensitive piece of equipment!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back