Setting on Frost stat Honeywell t4360a

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a frost stat fitted on the external wall next to my boiler in the loft. I also have a pipe stat on the return set at 10 degrees.

What I am not clear on is the setting on the frost stat. When I take the cover off I can see the 5 degree arrow pointing straight upwards. I understand that I can turn the stat down to 3 degrees by turning the dial clockwise. However the dial appears to be able to turn a little further than where I guess 3 degrees should be. Should I simply turn the dial as far as it can go clockwise safe in the belief that it is now set at 3 degrees? The reason I want to change the setting is the boiler keeps coming on more often than I think it should. Another thermometer indicates the air temperature is around 7 degrees when the boiler comes on. Is the frost stat faulty or is it just that the setting is unclear?

Sponsored Links
Try setting the frost stat to 5 degrees and the pipe stat to 20 degrees.

Try setting the frost stat to 5 degrees and the pipe stat to 20 degrees.

If I make the changes that you recommend the boiler will come on more often and stay on for longer - or have I completely misunderstood how these devices are supposed to work?

Sponsored Links
I should have put it as a question: what happens if you set the frost stat to 5C and pipe stat to 20C?

I know that, in theory, the boiler should come on more often and stay on longer, but need to know if it does in practice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back