Setting out - advice sought

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a P shaped conservatory to tile, about 7.5m wide, leg of the P is 2.3m deep with a large semi-octagon about 3.6m across at one end.

Tiles are wood plank effect 320 x 80 (hundreds of them) - 22.5 m2 delivered yesterday.

SWMBO wants a chevron effect (like parquet).

Sponsored Links
Having spent a couple of hours trying to work this out I realised that with this pattern and these tiles there are NO lines through the pattern along more than one tile edge. All I can do is try to keep the corners in line.

350 down so far, only another 600 to go!

Well - we are getting there, about 700 down and only around 200 to go.

Quite tricky to keep the pattern reasonably straingt as it is very easy to drift off the 90 degree angle between each row.

From experience so far the best way is to work across the chevron so you put a row of tiles down inthe same orientation, then set them parallel to each other and at the right angle to the previous row. Far easier to keep it straight than working up the chevron as it is not apparent or a while that you are drifting off. and it is difficult to check evry tile with a straight edge or line when there are this many to lay

All in all not a pattern recommended for a beginner.

One more weekend should see it done.

I did not quite get it right

The pattern should have been half an inch further out to make the small pieces bigger. Althought with these tiles you only have 2" to play with before you get another small piece appearing.

Got away with it though.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back