Setting up my boiler and storage tank - couple of questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a boiler that heats water to go in the storage tank.

I have set the temperature on the tank to about 50 degrees but have no idea whether the boiler should be at maximum or some other setting.

I know maximum will heat the water the quickest but is this the right way of setting things up?

Second question - my timer has these sliders that you move round to set the time for the boiler to go on and off. The minimum time range I can set seems to be for four hours because that is the closest I can get the sliders together. Isn't this inefficient?

The tank is way too big for our needs so it seems we really are wasting hot water and gas. Is there a way of setting it up to store less water in the tank perhaps? We seem to be heating ten times as much hot water than we need!

Thanks

Damian

Sponsored Links
Move the temp up in the winter.
If you want tap water at 55, it won't ever get there with the boiler at 50...

You could move the cylinder stat higher up the side.
You can have 2 stats and a switch to decide which one you want to use, if you like.

you could always put something in the tank to displace the water so there is less to be heated. altho it would have to be at least hollow (pref vacuum) otherwise itll just take heat as tho it was water

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back