worcester highflow 440 - best settings?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we've just had a highflow 440 fitted and think it's great - wish our mains pressure was better!

was wondering what settings people on here thought was best.

currently have heating set to 'twice' on the programmer and the boiler heating temp set to 'e' (around 9 o'clock) on the dial. setting to 'e' is recommended in the manual so we're pretty happy with this. we then use the room thermostat and night setback so things behave pretty much like our old combi with a programmer.

we're not so sure we've got the hot water side of things set up efficiently. I have the hot water temp dial set to around 2 o'clock, any higher and the hot water in the tap seems excessively hot.... but then again that's only if we want hot water only out of the tap, i.e. we could mix with cold if we wanted.

also we have hot water set to twice on the programmer also - so if we want hot water outside of the 'on' times programmed we only have what's in the tank.....a bit like the old system I used to remember as a lad.

ideally I suppose we'd want to set hot water to always 'on' on the programmer - but I'm worried this would be gas inefficient? there's nothing in the manual that recommends the best way.

also I'm not sure if we should set the water temp dial to maximum or near maximum and then whenever we want hot water, say for a shower - we'd have to mix more cold water in so we'd actually end up using less hot water as for the same amount of water, more of it would be cold? hope that makes sense.

so I suppose my question is what combination of programmer setting and hot water temp on the boiler dial is recommended or being used by guys on here.

cheers
Kenny

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back