Hot water and CH controls the wrong way round - important?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all,

We had a new system installed last March - WB Greenstar 30CDi and Megaflo cyclinder - and I have just realised that the dials on the boiler that control the temperature of the water to the cylinder and the radiators are the wrong way round. Previously the dials were both in the ~ 2 o'clock position (i.e. '5' and 'e') and everything was working fine, but a couple of days ago a relative turned the CH temp to '2' and this morning we noticed that our showers were a bit cold.

I noticed the change in settings, which led me to discover that the CH temp is being controlled by the hot water dial and vice versa - does it really matter?

Many thanks,

LCB.

Sponsored Links
You have an open vent or a system boiler with a hot water cylinder, so the right hand dial doesn't do anything; it only used if you have a combi (instant hot water) boiler.

The reason your hot water was cold was that the interfering relative had turned the boiler temperature down so low that it was unable to heat the water in the cylinder . The display shows the boiler water temperature, which needs to be about 70C to heat the water in the cylinder to 60C in a reasonable time. Your relative had turned it down to about 50C.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back