Sewer Diversion Cost?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've been informed by Thames Water that for my new build I'm likely to need a sewer diversion as they only do build overs for extensions.

Any ideas if this will add a huge overhead to a builder or is it relatively straightforward/common issue and just gets factored into the groundworks estimate? Any idea also of cost would be appreciated?

The fee to Thames Water alone for application and surveys is £2.5k.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
That really is stabbing in the dark. I've done one for a new build house which was a couple of £k - I've also done one that was £60k for a barn conversion.

Thanks Jeds, massive variance it seems so will have to see what my builder quotes.

Sponsored Links
Impossible to gauge without looking at the job. Many factors to consider, how far, how deep, size of pipe, number of chamber/manholes required, etc. It's not an uncommon issue these days, most reputable builders will be able to deal with it as part of the job, provided you're not looking at large diameter pipes or deep excavations.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back