Shallow bath traps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can shallow bath traps only be used when discharging in to a gulley/ hopper? I am fitting a bath when set to the height of the panel you can't fit a normal mcalpine bath trap under. My options are a shallow bath trap? It discharges in to the main stack via its own boss. Or cut a section of floor up any ideas?

Sponsored Links
A low line trap can be used which yields a 65mm water seal (WC pan being 65mm) , or use a 3" seal and cut flooring out to accept trap.

Sponsored Links
Hmmm... Have I ever seen a shallow bath trap where it shouldn't be on a single stack - Yup ... has it caused problems - nope, have I seen the responsible person being dragged off by the BC police for doing it, not yet - ;)

Dropping the floor would be the normal approach, have you tried the mcalpine 50mm trap?

Don't have anything else on the run, and watch your fall so it doesn't self syphon, if it's does pop in an in-line AAV.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back