Shamima was smuggled in by WESTERN inteligence!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL

But have you seen the latest pics? Looks like she's had a makeover and an image consultant, and seems a bit more western - probably to help with the sympathy vote.

Still not western enough though
Maybe she's just grown up.

Sponsored Links
A quick summary of what happened:
Sajid Javid then Home Secretary wrote to begum 19-feb-19 telling her her citizenship was revoked. His right to do so is in Sec 40 British Nationality Act 1981. Because some of the info which guided him was secret, her appeal process would be with Special Immigration Appeals Commission (“SIAC”), under section 2B of the Special Immigration Appeals Commission Act 1997, rather than the 1st tier tribunal.
In May she applied to return to the UK to fight the removal. That was refused 19-Jun-2019
Her appeal was based on 3 things: did the revocation make her stateless, did refusing her a right to return to the UK breach her human rights and could she have a fair appeal from Syria. SIAC grouped all those together and ruled on the first 2 points that her appeal was dismissed and that only her leave to return should proceed to appeal, but that should also be dismissed. 7-Feb-2020. She appealed to the court of appeal and on 16-Jul-20, they over ruled SIAC and said her right to return appeal should proceed. They also allowed her appeal on Judicial review on the basis that the Home Secretary's policy had been deviated from. The Home Secretary appealed to the Supreme Court and 26-Feb-21, they ruled the court of appeal had errored and overturned the ruling on her right to leave to enter the UK.

So you can see the whole "she was made stateless" thing was put to bed early in the process. SIAC ruled she was not made stateless, court of appeal only ruled on her right to return to fight the appeal and Supreme Court also confirmed that Home Secretary had not acted outside the law.

It is common ground that the revocation did not make her stateless. It is irrelevant, what Bangladesh says, if they don't like the fact she had a right to Bangladeshi citizenship, they should change their laws.
It’s based on a false argument.

By removing her citizenship, it left her without any citizenship and rendered her stateless.

The UK chose to do so on the basis she may be eligible to apply for Bangladeshi citizenship, not on the basis she would obtain it.….and if she can’t obtain it she is thus rendered stateless.

Lets not forget, this a person born in the the UK with sole, British citizenship.

Oh you are having a laugh.. she has access to better legal representation than the vast majority of British Citizen could expect. Her team is huge, some of the best, her case is well funded and they have tried every possible angle.

Again, nobody is arguing the Home Secretary did not follow all the correct protocols and procedures. That has been ruled on. Did you read the Supreme Court ruling?
She may have some of the best legal team on her side, but access to that team is still severely restricted to remote access or telephone access, as and when it can be arranged.
Visitors to the refugee camp, which is in Syria, are severely restricted.
Facing a 28-day deadline to appeal her loss of citzenship, Begum’s lawyer, Tasnime Akunjee, rushed to Syria only to be denied access to the refugee camp where she is being held.

The removal of her citizenship may have been ruled on, but the issue is not yet finished:
However, her lawyers are arguing against the removal of Ms Begum’s citizenship, claiming that she was a trafficking victim.

Sponsored Links
In February 2020, a tribunal ruled that removing Ms Begum's citizenship was lawful because she was "a citizen of Bangladesh by descent", so removing her British nationality wouldn't make her stateless. Bangladesh said that was not the case and she would not be allowed into the country

It is common ground that the revocation did not make her stateless. It is irrelevant, what Bangladesh says, if they don't like the fact she had a right to Bangladeshi citizenship, they should change their laws.
Sajid Javid was well aware that removing her citizenship would render her stateless.
Backtracking on his statement, Javid accepted it would be illegal for the UK to make Begum stateless, but then apparently discovered that she might be entitled to Bangladeshi citizenship. The Bangladeshi foreign ministry quickly disowned Begum: ‘Ms Shamima Begum is not a Bangladeshi citizen. She is a British citizen by birth and never applied for dual nationality with Bangladesh... There is no question of her being allowed to enter into Bangladesh.’ Nevertheless, Javid stripped Begum of British citizenship.

You can't deprive someone of citizenship based on a possibility.

His decision was based purely on populist, media-induced frenzy.

It is common ground that the revocation did not make her stateless. It is irrelevant, what Bangladesh says, if they don't like the fact she had a right to Bangladeshi citizenship
I cant find any evidence that their was any effort made to establish if she was eligible for citizenship

It’s based on a false argument.

By removing her citizenship, it left her without any citizenship and rendered her stateless.

The UK chose to do so on the basis she may be eligible to apply for Bangladeshi citizenship, not on the basis she would obtain it.….and if she can’t obtain it she is thus rendered stateless.

Lets not forget, this a person born in the the UK with sole, British citizenship.
No she had the ability to obtain Bangladeshi citizenship, not apply for it. She has a blood right sec 5, http://bdlaws.minlaw.gov.bd/act-242.html
You can't deprive someone of citizenship based on a possibility.
Its states clearly that she is a citizen.

shall be a citizen of Bangladesh by descent

I'm sure they don't want her either. I'm sure they can list many Bangladeshi citizens they don't want as can we, with regards to British citizens. Her legal team don't want her to pursue this right (as I suspect is the case for her) because it weakens her case in the court of public opinion, not to mention the threat of prosecution and execution.
I cant find any evidence that their was any effort made to establish if she was eligible for citizenship
Its in the above act. It's very simple to understand, SIAC and the HS secured expert council. Unfortunately for Bangladesh it was a race to revoke. Had they revoked her rights before the Home Secretary did, he would not have been able to remove her citizenship. In fact it strengthens her ability to obtain Bangladeshi citizenship. They have no power to reject her within their law and to do so would make her stateless.

I make no comment as to if this was sneaky, morally wrong etc.. but it was not illegal. The Home Secretary did not make her stateless. Her legal team have exhausted all UK legal routes to challenge this. They are left with appealing the decision - effectively this is "oh please, go on, I promise to be good".

I would also add that being groomed and being trafficked are hugely different, legally. She did not leave the UK against her will. However at 15, I am certain she didn't know that her citizenship would be revoked. She clearly wasn't a particularly well rounded/educated person at the time, with access to parental guidance. She was just a girl (low value) in a Bangladeshi family, with a dislike for western culture, despite enjoying living here.

Last edited:
Lets not forget, this a person born in the the UK with sole, British citizenship
Let's not forget she renounced any British connection when she trotted off to join a Caliphate whose sole intent was destroying the UK and the west in general,

What kind of idiot could possibly want to let a person like that back into the UK society. FFS

Like all the other hordes of illegals scrambling to get here, she only wants to come back for the benefit cheque, and free stuff

No she had the ability to obtain Bangladeshi citizenship, not apply for it. She has a blood right sec 5, http://bdlaws.minlaw.gov.bd/act-242.html

Its states clearly that she is a citizen.

I'm sure they don't want her either. I'm sure they can list many Bangladeshi citizens they don't want as can we, with regards to British citizens. Her legal team don't want her to pursue this right (as I suspect is the case for her) because it weakens her case in the court of public opinion, not to mention the threat of prosecution and execution.

Its in the above act. It's very simple to understand, SIAC and the HS secured expert council. Unfortunately for Bangladesh it was a race to revoke. Had they revoked her rights before the Home Secretary did, he would not have been able to remove her citizenship. In fact it strengthens her ability to obtain Bangladeshi citizenship. They have no power to reject her within their law and to do so would make her stateless.

I make no comment as to if this was sneaky, morally wrong etc.. but it was not illegal. The Home Secretary did not make her stateless. Her legal team have exhausted all UK legal routes to challenge this. They are left with appealing the decision - effectively this is "oh please, go on, I promise to be good".

I would also add that being groomed and being trafficked are hugely different, legally. She did not leave the UK against her will. However at 15, I am certain she didn't know that her citizenship would be revoked. She clearly wasn't a particularly well rounded/educated person at the time, with access to parental guidance. She was just a girl (low value) in a Bangladeshi family, with a dislike for western culture, despite enjoying living here.
It's a different argument.
Bangladesh, like any other country has the right to refuse anyone citizenship. And just like any other country they cannot make anyone stateless.
Therefore they have the right to refuse Shamima a Bangladesh passport. If she already had citizenship, they would not have been able to deny her that citizenship.
UK cannot interpret another countries laws, and dictate how and when they should be applied. UK has no control over Bangladesh anymore.
Therefore UK acted on the possibility that she was entitled to another country's citizenship. They should have waited until she actually had that citizenship.
It was the only citizenship that she held at that time.

The whole reason why she is refused permission to enter UK is based on secret evidence that Sajid Javid had. And he does not want this 'secret' evidence tested in court.

Last edited:
Let's not forget she renounced any British connection when she trotted off to join a Caliphate whose sole intent was destroying the UK and the west in general,

What kind of idiot could possibly want to let a person like that back into the UK society. FFS

Like all the other hordes of illegals scrambling to get here, she only wants to come back for the benefit cheque, and free stuff
As far as we aware, her only act getting anywhere near a terrorist act was that she saw a severed head in a bin.

So Bangladesh followed the British lead and made her stateless, how does that alter the British ruling?
No they didn't...

Under their laws she had to be registered in Bangladesh within a short period of time after her birth - 6/12 months...

Any parent of a dual national child should know of the different rules that apply country by country...

Maybe her parents couldn't care less or couldn't afford to do so at the time...

Some do care, and can afford to do so - so ours are protected from the nightmare called brexit!

But do you expect someone of that age to hop on a plane and do so just in case her country of citizenship decides to break international law many years later?

And remember if this is allowed to stand it could happen to anyone - including you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back