Sharp R959SLMAA combination oven dead or not?

Thanks! One last question... It has shrouded crimp connectors. I have crimping tools but what connector should I use bearing in mind the 16 amp rating and the max possible 125c temps? I can't quite find what I'm looking for on the RS components site. I have loads of automotive equivalents but I think they are 15 amp max.

Sponsored Links
The size of the crimp is wire, not load, dependant, i.e.. you match the crimp size to the c.s.a of the wire core. Looking at the size of the wires in your pic. I would imagine red insulated crimps will probably be big enough but you may need blue, can't really tell without seeing the wire stripped. There is no difference between auto & appliance with respect to loading.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your help. (y) I'll report back with when I have it back together.

Sponsored Links
It lives!! :mrgreen: The melted switch was still functioning identically to the new one when I tested them with a meter but the build up of melted plastic shroud must compromised the connection. Either that or it could have been the heat from the switch which had cooked the last few millimetres of the wire so I cut that off. It seems that the blocked vent hadn't yet caused a problem.

Thank you all again for your tips, you are top guys. (y)

I learned loads and I'm really chuffed that I fixed it myself (and it only cost £2.74). We are going to cook a big roast dinner in it tonight to celebrate its resurrection!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back