shaver plugs in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have installed a IPX4 fan with humidistat at the top of zone one near the ceiling with a pull switch by the door and a 30ma RCD outside the bathroom. Do I need a 2 pole switch as well or will the buttons on the RCD be enough to isolate it.
Also I want to put a 2 pin socket in zone 3, can someone tell me the requirement for that. I understand if I wire that from the trip as well it could cause problems.

Sponsored Links
Mars said:
I have installed a IPX4 fan with humidistat at the top of zone one near the ceiling with a pull switch by the door and a 30ma RCD outside the bathroom. Do I need a 2 pole switch as well or will the buttons on the RCD be enough to isolate it.
As your RCD is a two-pole isolator anyway, this should be fine. It allows you to properly isolate for maintenance.

Also I want to put a 2 pin socket in zone 3, can someone tell me the requirement for that. I understand if I wire that from the trip as well it could cause problems.
No sockets allowed in a bathroom, except electrically separated shaver sockets and SELV sockets.

Yes thats what I want to install a shaver/toothbrush socket in zone 3. Do I need to wire that through an RCD or can it come straight from the light ring.

Sorry, I didn't read the post title! (See my name!)

There's no need for an RCD and the lighting circuit is the usual source of supply.

(In fact, as there is electrical separation and no earth on the secondary side an RCD wouldn't operate anyway.)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back