Shed door secure. Lifted shed up but minor damp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
See pics below. I've built a steel shed on top of blocks on flat on concrete base. Heavy guage plastic then screed. She's well secured down but there two places where it's letting damp in. Any recommendations about sorting this out? It's definitely not condonsation, ive been in the shed and haven't seen one drop yet of condescension.

Also the fixings on this shed door isn't that great tbh. All it is is hex screws. Anyone wants into that shed would have them hex screws off in a few minutes. Wanting something alot more secure than this. Any ideas.

Below shed door is getting extended soon..

IMG_20230629_185317209_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230709_184422630_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230709_184340678.jpg
IMG_20230709_184332390.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thinking it's getting in between where the bottom of the shed meets the render. Maybe it's a very small break in it after me drilling the holes in it to let thst water that was sitting in it to run away.

What I'm thinking is get some upvc window trim about 60mm and silicone it to the bottom of the shed so any rain will run down the trim and onto the render rather than running in the crack. Only thing I can think off for now .

Would you think this would work?

IMG_20230709_192124682.jpg
IMG_20230709_192139456.jpg

Can't help with your main problems, but if the hex head screws have a nut on the other end, simply change the nuts for nyloc style ones. Turning the hex head bolt will simply turn the nut as well. If they are into threaded holes, you could use a drop of Loctite Thread Lock on them. Simply undo each screw/bolt, smear a small amount on the thread and re-tighten. Should make it very difficult to undo them without a great deal of effort.

Can't help with your main problems, but if the hex head screws have a nut on the other end, simply change the nuts for nyloc style ones. Turning the hex head bolt will simply turn the nut as well. If they are into threaded holes, you could use a drop of Loctite Thread Lock on them. Simply undo each screw/bolt, smear a small amount on the thread and re-tighten. Should make it very difficult to undo them without a great deal of effort.

No nuts on the back of the hex screws .

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back