Shed felt repair.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About a meter square of the felt roof of my timber shed as gone in the gale. shed about 20ft x 12 ft.
I'm surprised it was not stuck down to the timber apex roof, is it unusual to not stick down?
Have looked at Wickes they have the same/very similar Shed Felt but it only 5 mtrs long 1 mtr roll, so only OK if I patch. If I patch do I stick the overlap or nail?
(Think I would like to do the whole length though.) Will other suppliers have longer rolls of same stuff?
Should I stick down, if yes with what please?

Please note if I were doing the whole shed would want a better material.

Thanks
David

Sponsored Links
Gal nails, nails is whats used on most sheds, yours is a decent size, I would use green mineral from a fooring merchants, i would use 1E type, about £20 for 20x10 metres, you can get 2E bit stronger, but bit more cash, 1E should last a good 5 yrs, if not more, if laid right

I would prob, leave the old on, and go over, if its sounds, acts as a cover.

I have all the info if you need help, see my email ad email me

my comments where going to be if the felt is more than 3 years old the patch repair would probably be false economy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back