Shed floor damp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I'm new on here so apologies if this has been answered before or if I'm asking it in the wrong place.

I have had a summerhouse/shed put in and had a concrete base laid, 6" depth.

There is no DPC in the base as I didn't think it was going to be such an issue, but along the back of the shed there is a patch of damp spreading up from the bearers into the floor.

Do you think this is because of damp rising up through the concrete base or is this surface water accumulating on the concrete and sitting, due to the ridiculous amount of rain recently? There's a tiny bit of the base protruding from under the shed in that corner. An inch or two at most. Could water be running down the side, and collecting on the base?

Does anyone have any suggestions for a relatively painless remedy?

Sponsored Links
hello moog, probably your last diagnosis. Could you fix some means of deflection over the protruding base? Quicker than reassembling the shed with no protruding base. Maybe some plastic renderer's bellcast with the retaining lip cut off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back