"Shed" for pool table in Garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Im all but going to build a "shed" for a pool table in the garden. ( just got to convince myself to spend the money)

I want to use this all year round naturally.....so should it really be insulated?

Ive priced up for (from outside in)

wavey edge
baton
tyvek housewrap (any cheaper alternatives??)
4x2 stud
75mm celotex
9mm Ply

Heating will only be by a small oil heater or so when im in the room in the winter.

Or should i forget the insulation - be unusable in winter then though?

Worried about damp/condensation with the walls and ceiling stuffed with Celotex and no permanent heating.

Head and foot bearers will be sat on a single course of blue brick which will be sat on a conrete slab which wont be insulated.
Concrete slab will have a polythene sheet under it.

Input appreciated.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Remember insulation keeps it cool in summer as well as warm in winter, you may actually appreciate it more in the summer, as a small space like that will be easy to heat in winter.

Condensation wont be an issue with that construction and with infrequent use, damp is only an issue if you get a leak.

Rockwool would be a cheaper alternative, polythene sheet instead of tyvek under the exterior boards.OSB is a cheaper alternative to ply.

Sponsored Links
oil heaters (assuming you mean one that burns oil, not an oil-filled electric radiator) emit vast quantities of water vapour.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back