Shed insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

The stepson has had a new shed constructed (approx 2.3m by 4m. He wants to insulate it, run electrics and run plywood around the inside.

The walls are 12mm tongue and groove shiplap. The internal vertical timbers are 40mm deep. He wants PIR insulation and then plywood on the interior so that he can put up shelves etc.

The gaps between the vertical uprights average about 520mm. I was thinking of fitting celotex between them. Is is ok to glue them to the inner part of the outer face using expanding foam and to then run the foam down any gaps between the boards and the frame? Or should I leave a slight gap between the shiplap and the celotex?

We will be insulating the ceiling as well. It is a "flat" roof that has a gap where it meets the less tall shed wall- the marketing blurb suggests that the airflow is a legal requirement. No one intends to sleep in it so I am not overly concerned about a lack of oxygen. Is it ok to block that gap off and glue the celotex directly to the inner face of the roof (or again, should I leave a slight gap?

I was planning to screw 9mm ply to the roof supports and 18mm to the interior walls. Is either the 9mm or 18mm overkill? There will be one fluorescent tube on the ceiling. I figured 18mm would allow him to put up shelves wherever he see fit. I am worried that 9mm might be a tad too heavy though.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back