Shed roof - what to do.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 6’ x 6’ shed with a gable roof. When I bought it a few years ago, I had the option of paying extra for some pre-felted roof panels that went over the t&g roof. I had reservations at the time as it just looked like plywood with felt stuck on just the top face - nothing covering the ends or sides. Of course, water has completely ruined at the top and sides and it’s looking a right mess although it’s not leaking inside because of the t&g. Anyway, simple question, what to replace it with? Take the panels off and just felt on top of the t&g? Make up another couple of panels with ply and refelt them including the edges this time? Cold tar adhesive? Felt tiles? Anything else? It’s basically just two panels approx 6’ x 3’4”.

Sponsored Links
So simple to cover sheds with this stuff and very cheap. Have you a photo of said shed Mottie ?

Sponsored Links
Sorry Mottie, it’s a waterproof one piece rubber membrane to waterproof roofs.

So simple to cover sheds with this stuff and very cheap. Have you a photo of said shed Mottie ?
Here you go. (Ignore the piece of feather edged timber wedged between the 'treated' sheet and the shed roof - I put that there last year to stop water ruining the roof T&G boards).

Yes, looking it up, it looks just the job. I presume it can go straight on top of the T&G roof after removing what’s left of the pre-felted sheets?

B4375BA6-9A88-4E4F-87C2-A7672EEA256E.jpeg
8F96AF3B-A291-4177-9B06-E6FA394498FC.jpeg

Hi Mottie, remove the old felt. Personally I would overboard with some cheap ply or hardboard this gives you a nice surface to work with. It’ll help fit the epdm , give you a nice looking finish to the roof and you don’t have to worry again. When measuring just make sure you have about 100 mm overlap so you can tuck it away nicely all round

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back