Shed walls

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo and welcome Shanly :D :D :D

it will cost you around 30% MORE if you make it yourself

Thanks you :) If i was to though, i have enough money to and i would like a summer project. i have instructions to follow already but just need to know the estimated times and what tools to use. would a jigsaw be a good option?

Hello and welcome to the forum.
As a "rookie" hen I assume your experience is limited?
If so then I would always advise to stick with hand tools and take your time. Use a hardpoint saw, square, hammer and nothing more powerful than a cordless drill for piloting screw or nail holes.
The old adage "measure twice cut once " runs true, don't be too het up on how long things will take, if it takes all day to form up one side then so be it don't worry about it. Speed will come later.
Best and easiest way for you to draw up a cutting list, that is what and how much timber you will need, is to measure a ready built one- cheeky but effective. Accept that you will probably make a mistake somewhere along the way and order more wood than you will need
and then have a play! :D
One other thing if you are making your own then you can make it an odd size or adapt it to your very own requirements.

Sponsored Links
Jigsaw would be a waste of time either a simple chop saw or circular saw, ideally both. I made one with a pent roof 2m X 2.4 m cost about £350, but much sturdier , used 3x2 for frame clad inside with osb board and exterior shiplap except rear of shed which was a few overlapping strips of sheet 6mm ply as it was against a fence.
Sat it on 4 pallets which are 1.2m X 1m so ideal.Osb floor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back