Shed/Workshop/Gym Garden Building Build

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have decided to build a shed from scratch and its going to be quite a large 'L' shaped affair with room for a gym, workshop, garden stuff, camping stuff and a store for a trailer

What I was looking to do was build a modern looking building which isn't quite a flat roof ie it will be pitched but quite a bit higher at the front to incorporate some windows to let light in.

What I can't work out is what the regs are for this. For a flat roof, the highest point needs to be 2.5m from ground level, if it has a gable (which I think is a normal roof type shape) then it can go up to 4m. Anything else can be 3m.

I don't think that mine would be the gable type one but not sure if it can be 2.5m or 3m. 3m would be better for me to be honest as it would be more spacious up top.

Any ideas on this one?

Sponsored Links
I think I may have worked this out for myself, looks like anything close to the boundary has to be 2.5m at eaves height, is that the actual maximum height?

You haven't said which part of the UK you're in, and how close to a boundary it will be

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back