Building a workshop.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small workshop from a pent shed, it's all wired up to the consumer unit and certified. However it is really to small and two low to work in.

I want to build a bigger workshop around 4m x 4m. I will keep it pent and frame will be 6 x 2 C16/C24 timber. The issue I'm having is I can not find any decent plans online.

Does anyone one know where I can find plans to build a pent roof workshop of any size so I have an understanding of what I need and how to construct it.

Sponsored Links
I don't know if you will easily find actual plans but there are plenty of documented shed builds on here or on the web that should give you some idea.

This is Colin Furze's shed presented in his usual style

Not pent, but that bit is pretty simple: Joists, deck, covering.

Try UKworkshop a woodworking forum, they have a forum section just for workshop builds

have a look at 'Build a shed Mikes way' -he is an architect so the information is sound, it deals with all the issues of damp etc.

The key to a dry workshop build is to construct with a 25mm cavity behind the cladding which has a breathable membrane -same detailing as timber frame
house.

it will need to be of non combustible material (on part nearest, if bigger than 15 sq metres internally and closer than 1 metre to boundary (building regs)
and less than 2.5m high from highest natural ground level (permitted development)

Sponsored Links
@Notch7 Forgot about building regs for this project, I did know and will have to check again to clarify the restrictions on what I can build in size etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back