garden shed build

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi ,
i'm thinking of building own shed in back garden and was just wondering if anyone has a rough guide to what size timbers i should use.the shed will be 19 x 10 and the roof will be pent style being 3 metres at tallest point.there is already a concrete base there, so i will be building straight onto that,i,m trying to keep costs down so any tips would be welcome cheers :)

Sponsored Links
19 x 10? that's feet right? bloody big shed if it's meters
4 x 2 ( 100 x 47 ) for the walls..
roof pitch is along which measurement?

10 foot wide is 3.048m without the extra length of the pitch.., so I'd use 12ft long 2 x 6's for the roof..

8ft x 4in x 2in for the back and side walls ( infill the triangle at the end with offcuts ), 10ft x 4in x 2in for the front wall,

Start off wth a few courses of bricks to keep the timber off of the floor. You might want to infill this with a couple of inches of screed, so the inner floor is higher than the outer. Otherwise any water pooling against the wall on the outside might seep in giving you puddles.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back