Building a pent roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm building my own shed and have decided to use a pent roof as it seems a lot easier and adequate for my needs. Although I've seen quite a bit on posts about roof building I can't really understand enough from the written descriptions. Does anyone know where I can get nice clear (so count out a lot of the US publications and sites which seem to try to out-jargon each other) diagrams showing me step-by-step how to make a pent roof.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Make one wall higher than the other. Add rafters,notching them so that they fit over the top plate of the walls.

The 'end' walls should be the same height as the lowest wall, and infilled afterwards.

...or, made the same height as the highest wall, and then progressively cut down in line with the rafters.

How big is your shed? You might find an apex roof is easier than you think.

Thanks Deluks - it seems simple doesn't it..... but..... I think I need plans. I've gone down the route of basic instructions before and come a cropper, due to lack of experience and not being able to see problems cropping up before they do. I'm good and methodical at following plans so I'd really like to get hold of some cos I get through an awful lot of wasted material,learning as I go!

Basically, a good set of plans with angles, measurements and roofing material info would be useful. Anyone else able to help?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back