Corrugated pent shed roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Hope you can help.

Been looking at all sorts of literature and u-tube videos on corrugated sheeting for use on a new shed roof.

From what I can tell, I can fix the sheets then use edge capping at the sides of the roof to fix to the barge board and I can use a corrugation filler at the bottom of the roof where the overhang meets the guttering. However, all the stuff I've seen is for an apex roof and I want a pent roof. My question is what do I do about the top of the roof?

Hope that makes sense...

Thanks in advance.

B

Sponsored Links
Sorry catlad.

The shed will be a standalone one so no it won't be flashed to a wall. What I am asking is how to deal with the top of the roof if I use corrugated sheets. If this were an apex roof then I would use the apex capping to cover the two 'exposed' ends of the roof (the start of the slope on either side)

I can see how the bottom and sides are dealt with but I don't know how the top of the roof is done (where the slope starts) Do I use corrugation filler there as well or is there another method.

If you look at box steel profile roofing sheets you will see they supply corners for ridge and verges in 3 mtr lengths those can be made to any angle, but you will find a standard 90 degree will easily be bent.

Sponsored Links
Thanks catlad. Just had a look at some of those. FYI - I was intending to use ondulite so, working on your advice, I should be able to use the corner pieces for the top of the roof?

These pieces are identical to the ones you suggested (albeit they are not metal) and will bend to shape.

Thanks again.

With your pent roof, have a think about what happens if water gets blown up the pitch (issue gets worse the shallower your roof pitch) if you use those 3 metre 90 degree sections. My fix for this (with GRP profile sheets) was 50mm PVC angle siliconed to the top ends of the sheets (trapped beneath sheets as well).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back