Corrugated Roof - Small Rain issue into Guttering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I built a corrugated roof last year which slants towards my garage and the rain water goes into the guttering.

I have a small issue in that the rain some times gets to the end of the corrugated sheet and then rolls back and drips down under the roof, is there something I can put on the end of the corrugated sheet or between the gutter and sheet to force the rain to drop into the gutter?

I have attached a picture and indicated where I have the issue, any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi

Do you mean on the edge or on the underside of the corrugated sheets?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Get another roof sheet, cut of sections that will fit over the gutter and reach that first timber, slide the section in over gutter, ( giving more overhang ) do the same along the whole roof, fit a batten to the first timber holding the other end up.

You dont want to be closing the gap to much, you have a vent and boiler flue discharging into there.

Christ i never noticed the flue! i would get advice on that first.

Thanks for your replies, the Flue worried me when I built it last year and I plan to move it in the summer, but it hasn't actually been a problem. I get some condensation if it's been on for a while but it's quite a big area out there so the fumes don't hang about.

Thanks for your replies, the Flue worried me when I built it last year and I plan to move it in the summer, but it hasn't actually been a problem. I get some condensation if it's been on for a while but it's quite a big area out there so the fumes don't hang about.
Best to get further advice from the plumbing forum as there should be a minimum clearance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back