Adding Onduline to felted shed Roof (ed.)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

New to the forum .

I recently got help to built a new shed which is approx 5m x 3m and has a pent roof which i believe has a 15° slope. I had covered the roof with felt with an overhang all the way round but had a leak coming in . I bought a tin of blackjack all weather roof coating and painted it all over the roof but still had a leak coming in from somewhere . I currently have a tarp covering the roof but was unsure whether to buy another tin and try one more coat or i have been looking at onduline corrugated sheets.
The roof is made with 11mm OSB board and my question is would i be able to put the corrugated sheets directly on top of the felt ? and if so would i need to put battons down first incase the screws - nails go through too far .

Any advice appreciated

Thanks John

Attachments

• 20210129_131505.jpg
    20210129_131505.jpg
    377.9 KB · Views: 173
  • 20210129_131502.jpg
    20210129_131502.jpg
    437.9 KB · Views: 197
  • 20201130_155535.jpg
    20201130_155535.jpg
    415.6 KB · Views: 182
Sponsored Links
Looks like the leak is coming down from the top of the slope.
Take another look up there

I had a look and i also think its coming in at the top somewhere and running down the top of the OSB board . Really frustrating as i cant see anything

Leaks are normally at laps and edges of felt. No need to cover the whole lot in sealant.

Damp looks concentrated at the joists. Is there a problem with the nailing through the felt?

Sponsored Links
A while ago but did you sort this? I have similar and suspected it was leaking through where the felt tacks were. I've coated with bitumen paint but primed first in the hope that the bitumen would cover the tacks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back