Felt on Shed Roofs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have three sheds to re deck and roof. I would like to use felt but I read of a 3 layer system, would this really be neccessary for this purpose? I was going to redeck with 11mm or 18mm not sure yet OSB, coat with felt adhesive and put a cap sheet on with some clout nails. Or do I really have to go the whole 3 layers for a shed?

If I have to go with three layer, I may opt for the onduline product as I think it will be more durable quicker to install and around the same price as a 3 layer felt system. (although may look a bit overkill on a shed!)

Any pointers much appreciated.

Thanks - Ian

Sponsored Links
Are the roofs flat? In which case you can go for a three layer system if you wish , although it does seem like overkill just for a shed unless of course you are housing somthing expensive like a workshop or model railway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back