Re-felting my shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, the inside of the roof of my shed is damp so I figured I'd remove the old felt (3 layers) and re-felt.

I've taken off the old felt but the wooden roof is obviously quite damp still - do I need to let this dry before re-felting or can I felt as is and leave the door/window open to let it dry that way?

Thanks
Adam

Sponsored Links
let it dry as naturally in the open air would be the best, before you re-felt otherwise you will only reseal in the moisture

When you re-felt the roof, make sure the galvanised clouts are the right length. I didn't :oops:

OK, thanks for the replies. Have found some plastic to keep on the roof while it rains! I'll measure the roof thickness before I get the clouts.

I saw in Wickes "single sheet" roofing felt for sheds. Can this really work? It says that you just nail it on and no cap sheet required. Requirement is for 20 degree pitch or greater. Sounds too good to be true and was only £5 for 8m sq.

Adam

Sponsored Links
its certainly good enough for a shed roof, if its a normal garden shed for storage etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back