Shelving for old school lockers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just bought 10 genuine school lockers like you see particularly in American TV shows. External dimensions about 80"x12x12. Good nick generally except for interior shelves, but if like to redo those anyway for storage in my garage.

IMG_20190722_141926.jpg

They originally utilise small bolts through the side and a mixture of wooden and metal shelves, but I can't think the names of materials I'd buy or where from.
I'd guess I want some kind of 90 degree metal fittings, either small brackets or extruded L shape I can put shelves on top of... But probably only 10mm wide and 1-2mm thick. Almost like old Meccano!
And shelving either sheet metal or just buy some ply.

I'm in the situation I don't know the names to Google for... Can you help me?

Sponsored Links
no8 x3/4"[4mmx 20mm ]twin or chisel point wood screws 2x1" [21x43mm]baton screw through the outside into the baton no pilot needed as the point will pierce the metal after 5-10 seconds

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back