Shingles

I'm sure you will find the majority of folk in that age bracket will be happy to have a jab.
The majority of 'folk in that age bracket' will go along with anything they are told is 'good for them' whether it is or not...

Because the realisation of their own mortality has finally set in and it's squeaky bum time for them ;)

Sponsored Links
The majority of 'folk in that age bracket' will go along with anything they are told is 'good for them' whether it is or not...

Because the realisation of their own mortality has finally set in and it's squeaky bum time for them ;)

You're a pensioner, then some. So why the constant references/Winky faces regarding peoples age and mortality? Is your bum squeaking Grandad? With highly qualified doctors as children, a million pound pension pot and ability to move around the world (except Europe boohoo), you gotta be pressing 70. Lally the coffin dodger ;) or bullsheeter.

If I read the results of the Chinese blind trial correctly, about 1% of unvaccinated subjects had shingles during the year, and none of the vaccinated.*

Many over-sixties hope to live for ten years or more. 1% a year for ten years is 10%

Shingles is a painful and debilitating illness.

No doubt there are antivaxxers who want to take the chance.

*edit

On re-reading, the trial lasted more than a year, so the chances per year for unvaccinated over-50's look like 0.8%

"The trial was conducted between 2021 and 2023. It included almost 6,000 adults (n=5,956). Vaccine efficacy was 100% (95% CI: 89.82%-100%). HZ incidence rate of 0/1,000 person years in the RZV arm versus an incidence rate of 8.2/1,000 person years in the placebo arm, p<0.0001.1 The safety profile observed in this trial was consistent with the established safety profile of the vaccine."

Last edited:
Is Shingles that bad? When I had it I had spots on one side of my body and felt a bit under the weather. Some pills from the quack and I was fine in no time.

It's worse, and more common, in older people like yourself.

Presumably your experience tells us severity varies.

Sponsored Links
You're a pensioner, then some. So why the constant references/Winky faces regarding peoples age and mortality? Is your bum squeaking Grandad? With highly qualified doctors as children, a million pound pension pot and ability to move around the world (except Europe boohoo), you gotta be pressing 70. Lally the coffin dodger ;) or bullsheeter.
Yeah. Someone who admits that 'Children came to us late in life' and now claims those said 'Children' are now qualified Doctors has got to be knocking on in years but hey, to be a mystery man on a forum you need to have a bio/cheat sheet in front of you with your claimed persona at all times so that you don't make those type of literary slip-ups. Ellal clearly forgets his own identity sometimes. Bit like the fact he claims to have married someone from Iceland but when they were going to return to his partners country, it wasn't Iceland despite the fact that about the only country he claims to have intimate knowledge, a bank account and 'connections' in is......Iceland! Just do a search and see how many times it is mentioned in 'his' posts. :ROFLMAO:

Pillock. Begger off back to where you came from like you said you were going to.

Yeah. Someone who admits that 'Children came to us late in life' and now claims those said 'Children' are now qualified Doctors has got to be knocking on in years but hey, to be a mystery man on a forum you need to have a bio/cheat sheet in front of you with your claimed persona at all times so that you don't make those type of literary slip-ups. Ellal clearly forgets his own identity sometimes. Bit like the fact he claims to have married someone from Iceland but when they were going to return to his partners country, it wasn't Iceland despite the fact that about the only country he claims to have intimate knowledge, a bank account and 'connections' in is......Iceland! Just do a search and see how many times it is mentioned in 'his' posts. :ROFLMAO:

You'd think someone with that kind of claimed gene pool and IQ could lie a bit better, IMO. Maybe he's getting confused in his old age?

Keep clicking on this thread thinking I learn something about western red cedar!

Blup

Is Shingles that bad? When I had it I had spots on one side of my body and felt a bit under the weather. Some pills from the quack and I was fine in no time.
had it when i was about 55 no symptoms at all dot about 2 inches on my chest quite funny when occupational health girl jumped away from me and told me to get out of the same room as her . Seemingly any woman of child bearing age has to be careful around it . Mine was dry at that stage so she was safe if its weepy then its contagious

Sponsored Links
Back