Shock from Arc Welder while in the bath

T

toasty

Last week whilst bathing, I dropped the car battery I was charging and it cracked the cast iron bath. So here I am, enjoying a bubble bath trying to weld up the damage.
Strangely I keep getting a kick off the welder.
Is it because my fridge freezer is plugged into an extension lead?

Merry Christmas!

Sponsored Links
It is. This is due to the ice-ons from the fridge freezer moving down the cold (blue) wire on the extension lead and being transferred to the bath via the sadistic bonding. To neutralise this effect simply connect the hot (red) wire directly to the bath.

Is it because my fridge freezer is plugged into an extension lead?
It could be. The way to check is to see if the interior light in the fridge dims when you use the welder. If that proves to be the problem, you might need to try running the welder off a lighting circuit.

Kind Regards, John.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help guys, it's just not my day though. I'm in the shower now and the hair dryer is playing up, which is odd because the Xbox was working a treat

But before connecting the welder to the lighting circuit check that the shower isn't on the same circuit.
This could set up a dangerous resonance that could result in building control getting suspicious.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back