Short cycling Vitodens WB1B

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I return to this forum after moving in to my latest property with yet another heating issue.

The system is an open vent with a Vitodens WB1B 26kw boiler. 3 years old. The heating has been bad from (my) day 1 in the house but I've made it worse despite my best efforts.

Symptoms this morning are:

Boiler triggers at 38C. One bar of heat to 55C. Takes 40 seconds. Switches off. Never gets hot enough downstairs until several hours have gone by. At which point it heats up to about 65C in the boiler.

Pump is up to full (Alpha 2).

Boiler at 6 out of 6.

I have all TRVs and lock shields on full downstairs.

Have drained the system recently to prepare for new plaster in the house. This made it worse. Have tried X800 for a day, drained last night (3 drain points needed in the house because the circuit is horrible), and it's actually worse even though I took 2 rads off and flushed them. Tried shutting off various rads to see if it's bypassing around an easy circuit but am at a loss now.

The pump seems to be fine and you can hear swishing noises for a second when turning up to full, so it's spinning well.

I can only think it's gunked up, air in the exchanger, or pump. Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back