Short (height) Storage Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Does anyone know of any storage heaters on the market that have a low height. It seems most heaters have a height of around 700mm. I have a space below a window where I want to fix a storage heater but need something a little smaller.

Thanks

Ben

Sponsored Links
I doubt very much if you will find one. In fact I know you wont. A storage heater has to be fit for purpose, in order to achieve this it has a very long heating element that goes back and forth inside dense bricks. The idea is you switch on the power at night using a cheaper tariff and it goes off in the morning while the bricks stay hot and take all day to lose heat into the room. The smaller the storage heater, the less time it will stay warm. A tiny storage heater wont be very efficient at all. There are dwarf rads you can get for under window use in say a Conservatory, Electric (Oil filled) and water.
If you amaze me and find one, how will you use it? If you keep it on during the day or night you will have to tie your meter down to stop it taking off!

Thanks very much for the response

Good questions.
I have had an economy 7 ring recently put in by an electrician, so there is an appropriate socket in place. The plan was to have a low profile night storage heater under the window. When the socket was put in I didn't realise, and the electrician didn't mention that such a product didn't exist.

So I think I will have to put the storage heater or another wall which really stuffs up the room layout.

Doh!!

Cheers

Ben

Sponsored Links
Job_n_knock

Que?
A long element going back & forth between bricks, can be used in a tall, long or wide Storage heater. The length of the element does not restrict the height as you implied.

Oh I see, I didnt actually mean that at all. And Ive re-read the post and it doesnt seem to imply that to me but then....I wrote it so I'm biased I suppose. The main gist of my point is that there arent any Dwarf wall storage heaters that I know of and if by some miracle there were, they wouldnt be much good as storage heaters on account of the lack of storage bricks that you will get into them. Unless they were 10 feet long ! !
:LOL:

Job_n_knock said:
The main gist of my point is that there arent any Dwarf wall storage heaters that I know of and if by some miracle there were, they wouldnt be much good as storage heaters on account of the lack of storage bricks that you will get into them. Unless they were 10 feet long

706 x 565, 793 & 1021mm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back