Should I get trickle vents added

Cheers all.

Appreciate it. I'll keep my dehumidifier I use it for drying laundry as I don't have a tumble dryer and to remove excess moisture that would create drying inside.

I stupidly didn't know you could have the windows slightly open while still locked, so I did this last night and this morning hardly any condensation at all.

Might not be so good for energy efficiency but I had someone get in touch about trickle vents and they were £65 plus vat for installing each and I couldn't afford that right now, do for now the windows can stay open slightly

Thanks for the input

Sponsored Links
You're better off without them. Cracking the window open for half an hour morning and evening on the night vent does the same, but without making a big permanent hole in your nice A rated energy efficient windows..... completely destroying that energy rating, and letting all the noise in. Trickle vents are for people who cannot remember to ventilate their house.

Sponsored Links
If you're the sort of person who likes damp and odours.

Please don't take a quote from my reply, leaving the context and the rest of the content out, giving a warped version of what I said.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back