Where to buy trickle vents?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
The Greenwood ones are the best mate. The second link looks spot on. 200mm vents will be fine, larger ones look a bit gareish.

How easy are these to retrofit?

How far in the pvc frame does the glass come ?

Sponsored Links
How easy are these to retrofit?

How far in the pvc frame does the glass come ?

It doesnt go past the bead line, usually 5mm in off the bead/window joint all round.

How easy are these to fit - well they're a doddle...........so long as your frame or sash isn't steel reinforced :eek:

How will I find out if my window frames are reinforced? If I remove the glass will the reinforcement be visible?
I suppose it will be a no-go to install the trickle vents if there is reinforcements inside the frames.
This condensation is getting to be a reeeeal pain :cry:

If your confident in removing the glass and refitting it remembering to toe an d heel the sashes then when the glass is out you should see screws around the inside, these will be to hold the reinforcing to the pvc, if your not to confident then a simple magnet will do ;)

Thanks for the reply Ive changed the glass in several frames over the years so no problems there :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back