Where to buy replacement window trickle vents

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I want to replace a couple of now yellowing, trickle vents in our kitchen windows.

The existing trickle vents are 570mm wide (500mm between the 2 outer screws).

I see 300mm, 400mm, etc. wide ones online. But can anyone recommend where I can buy ones this big.

Thanks in advance.

Tuxian

Sponsored Links
Hi Foxhole, thanks for the prompt reply.

That link appears to be to a 4x300mm solution (i.e. 2x300mm both internal and external with a join in the middle).

The current trickle vents are a single piece (1 internal, 1 external, 3 screw fit) i.e. not joined. There is a screw in the middle (both internal and external).

I was hoping to find a like-for-like replacement for the existing vents without having to cut them to fit.

So is there a better solution (or have I just misunderstood the link)?

Thanks in advance,

Tuxian

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
There are no obvious makers markings.

Here's the internal view (with screw covers removed to show their location). Screws are 250mm apart and there are no obvious joins in the trickle vent itself.

trickle-vent.jpg

If the only problem is they are slightly yellowing, could you take them off and use some spray paint on them?

The vents are ~15-20 years old - so are also quite brittle, and the outside grills on 1 or 2 have broken in places when being cleaned.

Here's an external photo of one of them.

trickle-vent-outside.jpg

See if you can find a local firm that makes windows, they'll likely be able to help out, or possibly your local eurocell branch

550mm might do? :)

Hi RandomGrinch,
That trickle vent looks like it might be a suitable replacement.
Many thanks,
Tuxian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back