Trickle vents self fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There are no trickle vents in the uPVC window in my bedroom. 2.5m wide x about 1.2m high.
Consequently, on winter mornings, there is a lot of condensation on the windows. This is due to water vapour exhaled during sleeping. It's amazing how much there is -- I have to sponge the windows down and then leave the casement open during the day.

I am thinking of fitting one or two white plastic trickle vents. I presume it is just a matter of drilling a few small holes through the frame?
Any suppliers on line or in the high street? Wickes have some trickle vents but they are for wooden windows, as far as I can see.

Anyone done this? Is it a DIY job or best left to someone who installs uPVC windows?

Thanks,
Mike

Sponsored Links
retro fitting trickles can be a complete 'mare, particularly if theres ally reinforcing in the window head. unlikely though.

What do you suggest? Dive in and drill a few small holes?

Mike

Sponsored Links
even upvc installers hate the job. its the proximity of the window head that makes drilling awkward. if you take you're time and use the correct size drill bit from the outset you may be ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back