Trickle vents advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I suffer from steamed up windows in the winter and the odd cool summer night. I have upvc double glazed throughout with the exception of a lead stained glass hall window and a timber framed double glazed window in the kitchen. All the windows bar the wooden one have the night lock function. I dont fancy having to wipe every window each morning to rid the condensation and would like to try and stop or at least reduce the amount forming each night.

My question is do I leave the windows on night lock vent during the winter and hope for no strong draughs to avoid condensation or would I be better installing trickle vents on all windows and external doors to provide circulation?

Thanks in advance

Jonathan

Sponsored Links
you need air movement to remove condensation trickle vents are no way near big enough

do not dry washing indoors
shower/ bath with the door closed and ventilation to remove all moisture
cook with an extractor on and door closed if necessary

do not use bottle gas or parafin
shut internal bedroom doors

air the rooms for at least 3 hours a day when the heating is off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back