Should I raise toilet??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm fitting a new close coupled toilet. The toilet outlet is lower than the waste pipe on the wall. I tried a felxible connecter but it leaves the toilet too far from the wall. The outlet has to sit in the waste pipe for the cistern to be against the wall. Toilet outlet is horizontal and waste pipe is angled - when I put a 104 degree connector in the pipe it raises the height even more. My solution is to put 18mm mdf under the pan to raise it to the right level. I then plan to paint it white or run silicone around it.

Is this a fair solution or am I doing this worng????

Thanks for any help!

maceman

Sponsored Links
Maceman said:
I'm fitting a new close coupled toilet. The toilet outlet is lower than the waste pipe on the wall. I tried a felxible connecter but it leaves the toilet too far from the wall. The outlet has to sit in the waste pipe for the cistern to be against the wall. Toilet outlet is horizontal and waste pipe is angled - when I put a 104 degree connector in the pipe it raises the height even more. My solution is to put 18mm mdf under the pan to raise it to the right level. I then plan to paint it white or run silicone around it.

Is this a fair solution or am I doing this worng????

Thanks for any help!

maceman

Thats one way of doing it and as good as any :)

Except I wouldn't use mdf unless its the expensive water resistant type. Standard mdf turns to mush when it gets wet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back