Should Norman have gone to Iraq.........?

gasmarkone said:
Ditto. Wot a twit, we all know what an unstable region that is. And just to promote debate, do you think that Saddam was the correct ruler for the area, needs a bit of iron fist to get any respect for authority?
I have said this from the start! Since we invaded 'Messopatainia' (a pecefull area at the time I beleive) and claimed the place as pretty much our own (which involved changing its name to Iraq? 1920's?) there has been nothing but bloodshed in that region ever since. We even helped install a monarcy and the Iraqi factions killed the whole bloody family!
Don't also forget that we have systematically bombed the hell out of the place for many decades - even churchill wanted to drop chemical weapons on the troublesome areas (tribes) but was told the technology wasn't quite ready at the time!
Along come the CIA and hire sadam as new leader of Iraq. A relatively peacefull moment in Iraqs history I think!

As for Norman Kember - makes you wander whether he secretly wanted to become a sort of christian marter doesn't it?
Also was this a rescue through intelligence or was there a negotiation? Or dare I suggest the insurgents just let them go :eek:

Sponsored Links
bought and paid for was his release

silly old fool

should we not say if you go there u go there to die and leave them to rot ? would you go if you thought you might be captured and beheaded

He was stupid and naive to have stuck his hooter in...bit like terry waite..do they honest think they fuzzie wuzzie fundamentalists are going to take any notice of them?

There people have massive issues...and certainly know have to have a grumble..rightly or wrongy...whatever their justification

He should think himself lucky he wasnt beheaded..then he may have realised the type of people he was messing with

He didnt want military force to be used to free him...hmmm...so giving the choice then..head off, or send in the S.A.S ..what would he have chosen?

Sponsored Links
These people have strong convictions, there is another person wanting to go and she has stipulated it is her own choice and that she want's no intervention if things go wrong, if the authorities want to get involved in any issue it up to them.

Back