Should replace my boiler?

A traditional system is now the combi as they are approx 60% of the market in sales and have been for around 5 years.

Many combis of differing makers, share the same components, which are available readily off-the-shelf, even the pumps are standard available from B&Q. HRPC, who are in all Plumb Centers, stock most generic boiler parts.

You know what I'm talking about Doctor Drivel or should I call you Water Systems, Richard Hanson Granville or whoever else you post as.

Sponsored Links
He's got no practical experience, just theory with answers got from google.

He's an engineer, not the heating variety, letters after his name etc, etc. Should not be advising from a text book with no practical experience.

Typical wind up merchant :rolleyes:

gas4you said:
He's got no practical experience, just theory with answers got from google.

He's an engineer, not the heating variety, letters after his name etc, etc. Should not be advising from a text book with no practical experience.

Typical wind up merchant :rolleyes:

I get the the likes of you to fit things the way I say. You have your uses.

Nixt said:
A traditional system is now the combi as they are approx 60% of the market in sales and have been for around 5 years.

Many combis of differing makers, share the same components, which are available readily off-the-shelf, even the pumps are standard available from B&Q. HRPC, who are in all Plumb Centers, stock most generic boiler parts.

You know what I'm talking about Doctor Drivel

I read what you wrote and it was wrong.

or should I call you Water Systems,

No.

Richard Hanson Granville or whoever else you post as.

No.

You got a lot wrong there.

Sponsored Links
You're right Water Systems I was wrong. A traditional system does not include off the shelf components, you can't replace them with any brand, you can't manually o/ride a motorized valve or use an immersion heater as back up for hot water and you are not Water Systems (or Richard Hanson-Granville) who does not ever use this site to promote products that you might have a vested interest in.

Nixt said:
You're right Water Systems I was wrong. A traditional system does not include off the shelf components, you can't replace them with any brand, you can't manually o/ride a motorized valve or use an immersion heater as back up for hot water and you are not Water Systems (or Richard Hanson-Granville) who does not ever use this site to promote products that you might have a vested interest in.

Thank you.

You just both (by pure co-incidence) happen to share the same fetish for DPS Pandoras, grainy clips of exploding unvented cylinders and the common belief that two combi systems (preferably involving Intagas Atmos's) are the answer for anything from satisfying dhw demands to eradicating third world poverty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back