Should the condense pipe have a fall angle

It's always been required to run in 32mm outside. I've been to jobs where a 32mm condensate has frozen, god knows what it's like with 19mm running outside in winter!
Try our climate(Scotland) we had lagged 32mm condense pipes going into 5" cast downpipes and the bloody downpipes froze it was that bad.
Last year was mental. Recommend all condense pipes in Scotland should be run internally.

Sponsored Links
lcgs wrote;

That's because 9/10 frozen condense lines I saw last winter were all on worcesters due to the trickle design of their condense.

That is right on the money, what is the matter with Worcester and their condense traps? They've had about three redesigns and they still dribble and freeze.

If I had to design a boiler that would freeze up every winter, I'd start with a Bosch condensate siphon, genius. :rolleyes:

Try our climate(Scotland) we had lagged 32mm condense pipes going into 5" cast downpipes and the bloody downpipes froze it was that bad.

I thought you weren't alowed to run the condense into cast downpipes?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back