Should the Tax payer foot the wedding bill for Princess Eugenie?

Buck House refurbishment is actually £369m - a figure that will no doubt rise!

What is very wrong is your values regarding human life/entitlement based on accident of birth.
Which is why when you insist on showing your ignorance (based on your warped sense of self importance), on being shown up yet again you pull out that old 'pointless comparison argument'.

notchy/human being...'Pointless comparison'? :)
There are many many examples of buildings getting pricey referb, Big Ben has just cost 60+ million for an example. It's a bad comparison in the sense that you can't compare a block of flats to historic buildings that are probably protected or listed, but I agree with the sentiment. It's not fair that ordinary people suffer through lack of funds. I'd rather the money came from MP's being made to sell off their second homes....

Sponsored Links
There are many many examples of buildings getting pricey referb, Big Ben has just cost 60+ million for an example. It's a bad comparison in the sense that you can't compare a block of flats to historic buildings that are probably protected or listed, but I agree with the sentiment. It's not fair that ordinary people suffer through lack of funds. I'd rather the money came from MP's being made to sell off their second homes....
Big Ben is of course different...
(although the tower has been renamed liz's tower)

Buck House however is the most expensive 'council house' in the country!

Kick out the very rich benefit scrounging residents, and maintain it as a monument to past follies - it didn't do the French any harm!

(and make the rich benefit scrounging residents sell off their second/third/fourth/fifth homes - and also give back our land!)

Last edited:
Big Ben is of course different...
(although the tower has been renamed liz's tower)

Buck House however is the most expensive 'council house' in the country!

Kick out the very rich benefit scrounging residents, and maintain it as a monument to past follies - it didn't do the French any harm!

(and make the rich benefit scrounging residents sell off their second/third/fourth/fifth homes - and also give back our land!)
Buck house is a listed building. It will be looked after for many a year, no matter who the resident is!

This whole country is full of unfair sh*t. It always seems to be the poor that suffer most, how do we change it? I daresay we can't, even if we go all French and chop of the heads of Lizzie and family.

Sponsored Links
Buck house is a listed building. It will be looked after for many a year, no matter who the resident is!

Are you saying that the taxpayer pays for renovation of all listed buildings?

I'll tell my next-door neighbour, he'll be delighted.

This whole country is full of unfair sh*t. It always seems to be the poor that suffer most, how do we change it? I daresay we can't, even if we go all French and chop of the heads of Lizzie and family.
That is because this country is particularly good at 'divide and rule'...

Not exclusive to the UK, but it is an 'art' perfected here over the centuries.

That's why real political change will probably never happen.

Because the turkeys have been conditioned to vote for christmas!

so what did you mean?
Did I really have to spell it out?

A listed building means among other reasons that it may be a building of historical importance/interest, just like the houses of parliament, big ben etc.. As I said, even if Lizzie wasn't to live in it, am pretty sure it will always be maintained at tax payers expense because of the history. Just like big ben.

Is that wrong? Personal viewpoint innit. I don't have a problem with historical buidlings being maintained. I have more of a problem in taxpayers funding certain lifestyles of some of the rich and powerful - second homes, allowances, helicopter trips and all sorts of flashy lifestyle ways that are ostentatious and the money could be better spent.

I believe by default he's a supporter of 'privilige'? - whether he knows it or not!
A chap who knows nothing about me, never met me and thinks he's better at telling me what I think. There's always one :ROFLMAO:

Do you think Arundel Castle is maintained at public expense? Fountains Abbey?
As I said, it's personal viewpoint as to whether you think it's right or not. Am not going into a long list of historical buildings (of which there are many) and who pays for them with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Back