Should this soil pipe have a durgo valve on top?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am about to redo a cloakroom WC and discovered this small soil stack that the toilet and sink waste drains into. It looks like it has concrete on the top and I wanted to ask if this was normal? Should I be fitting a durgo valve on top? It's going to be permanently boxed in for a wall hung concealed toilet.

Also is there a bung or plug I can stick into the toilet pipe for when I pull out the toilet, to stop smells coming up?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20231129_113128.jpg
    20231129_113128.jpg
    579.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 20231129_113134.jpg
    20231129_113134.jpg
    407.9 KB · Views: 44
Sponsored Links
I think you will find that's a underground (orange) drain plug.
They are hollow and it's filled up with crap.
Are your drains correctly vented elsewhere?
If they are crack on, it's never great idea to permanently box in a air admittance valve anyway.

I think you will find that's a underground (orange) drain plug.
They are hollow and it's filled up with crap.
Are your drains correctly vented elsewhere?
If they are crack on, it's never great idea to permanently box in a air admittance valve anyway.
Thanks, it is a plug as I managed to pull it out. This soil stack is the lowest and only has this toilet and basin feeding in into it. My other soil stacks have durgos and terminate into the loft.

Any advice on what I can use to plug the toilet pipe with as shown in the second photo?

Sponsored Links
Any help with finding the right plug for toilet waste when I pull the toilet out?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back