should we bug terror suspect

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
if someone is know to b in contact with terror suspect should we by law be able to bug them :confused:

Sponsored Links
It is legal to bug people, with certain provisos, and permissions. What is not legal is covert bugging of conversations with lawyers or MPs.

There is now the situation where a policeman and reporter who had a private conversation about the illegal activities of the authorities have been charged with criminal offences.

And there are still stupid people around who say "if you've nothing to hide, you've nothing to fear". GET REAL!!!!

Sponsored Links
oilman";p="820062 said:
It is legal to bug people, with certain provisos, and permissions. What is not legal is covert bugging of conversations with lawyers or MPs.)
Is it actually illegal or was a code of conduct introduced by Harold Wilson's government.

The Wilson doctrine was set up in 1966 by the then prime minister Harold Wilson, who gave a promise that neither MPs nor peers would be bugged by MI5. Subsequent prime ministers have confirmed that the doctrine remains in place though there has been pressure in the last couple of years for a change of mind.

suicide bombers are indoctrinated from birth that one day they will take their own lives in the fight against the infidel so how far fetched would it be to be brought up to become a politician and fight us from within parliament, I think wilber smith should right a story about it :LOL:

During questioning in parliament this afternoon, Gordon Brown was asked by Cameron if he agreed with the bugging of MP's his reply was "Of course David, after all you bug me!" ;)

suicide bombers are indoctrinated from birth that one day they will take their own lives in the fight against the infidel lol:
Don't think so in last weekends bombing of a market in Baghdad two Downs syndrome girls were used as suicide bombers I don't think they had a lot of choice in the matter.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,327445,00.html
Read this.It only got a few minutes mention on the main news bulletens.
If this is the sort of people that are supposed to be a threat to this country then I can't see no problem in using any means possible to stop them even if it upsets liberty international.

If this is the sort of people that are supposed to be a threat to this country then I can't see no problem in using any means possible to stop them even if it upsets liberty international.
Terrorism isn't just about killing people Oompah its about destroying the fabric of civilised society.

Nothing would please the terrorists more than watching our country turn into a place nobody wants to live in because all of our liberties have been eroded in the war against terror.

Our fundamental way of life MUST be preserved else what exactly are we fighting for?

The ends never justify the means AFAIC.

MW

Last time I checked speed limits had nothing to do with civil liberties ... I do hope you're not going to become another one trick pony on this site Aspley.

Whilst I'm sure speeding will rear its head again (it generally does), there are far more important things going on in the World :)

Sponsored Links
Back