Show pump connections; washer or threaded?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Nabis d12091 shower pump, and I've discovered a leak on the hot output. Before I take it apart and put it back together, I assume that his will be a seal by washer, rather than by threaded connection.

If so, is there any particular washer I should be using for the connector?

Last but not least, as there's no isolator, I would be correct in assuming that it's safe to remove the hose with the water on (it's the output)?

pump.jpg

Sponsored Links
Last but not least, as there's no isolator, I would be correct in assuming that it's safe to remove the hose with the water on (it's the output)?
No no no no .... stop .... step away from the hose. you need to isolate the supply to the pump!!! Ever get the feeling it might be too late :eek:

Sponsored Links
No no no no .... stop .... step away from the hose. you need to isolate the supply to the pump!!! Ever get the feeling it might be too late :eek:
Not yet. ;)

I can isolate the hot, but not the cold; I assume the inputs don't intermix within the pump? It's the hot output I need to sort.

if you isolate the hot inlet you can work on the hot outlet, the two waters never meet inside the pump

if you isolate the hot inlet you can work on the hot outlet, the two waters never meet inside the pump

Great, thank you; I figured it would be ok, but best to check with those who know what they're doing. I've since located the cold isolator some way away, but it's good to know I don't need to bother.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back