Shower pump seal replacement?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've a Nabis shower pump (D12091) that seems to be leaking from beneath one of the end covers; it's not an inlet/outlet so I'm assuming it's a seal.

A replacement pump for 22mm pipework looks pretty expensive at £250 for something like a Salamander RP75PT. What are the chances of me being able to find replacement seals for the old pump?

Sponsored Links
Nabis don't actually make anything, they just re-brand kit from wholesalers. New pump time, but avoid Salamander, their customer service is awful. Stuart Turner are much better

With a pair of vernier calipers, correct sized O-ring cord and superglue you have every chance of sealing it. It hasn`t just worked loose has it?

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your replies guys. I had never heard of o-ring cord, but having done a bit of reading I'm totally up for giving that a bash!

I'll give it a whirl and look at the Stuart Turner pumps if I fail (or the chassis has cracked).

With a pair of vernier calipers, correct sized O-ring cord and superglue you have every chance of sealing it. It hasn`t just worked loose has it?

Just wanted to pop back and say thanks; the cord worked a treat! Money saved and something new learnt.

A replacement pump for 22mm pipework looks pretty expensive at £250 for something like a Salamander RP75PT. What are the chances of me being able to find replacement seals for the old pump?

Manufacturers normally buy bearings and seals in, so probably it will be a perfectly standard seal they have used. If you can get the seal out and can measure it accurately, there are plenty of bearing and seal companies on line and most industrial areas will have a local outlet. Pointless replacing the seal, if the shaft which runs inside it, is damaged

Manufacturers normally buy bearings and seals in, so probably it will be a perfectly standard seal they have used. If you can get the seal out and can measure it accurately, there are plenty of bearing and seal companies on line and most industrial areas will have a local outlet. Pointless replacing the seal, if the shaft which runs inside it, is damaged
.......... most of the time.

Thank you for your replies guys. I had never heard of o-ring cord, but having done a bit of reading I'm totally up for giving that a bash!

I'll give it a whirl and look at the Stuart Turner pumps if I fail (or the chassis has cracked).

That's how they make the much larger overall diameter O-rings, just buy the correct sized cross-section cord, cut it very carefully and absolutely square, then superglue the two ends together. To get it square they normally use a guide and a scalpel type blade, but it can be done free hand. Again, a bearing and seal place will sell the cord.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back